Download Google Chrome
While you can use any web browser, we recommend using Google Chrome, as Google Workspace works best in Google Chrome.
Signing in to your UNLVMail account
- Go to https://ace.unlv.edu
- Enter your ACE username and password.
- Once you have signed in, click on the UNLVMail app that you want to access.
If you have never set up an ACE account or have issues resetting your password, contact the IT Help Desk.
UNLVMail on your phone or tablet
Setting up Google Workspace on your Android or iOS mobile device is easy and makes your information available wherever and whenever you need it.
Note: When adding your account to your mobile device, we recommend turning Contact syncing off. Otherwise, people you email in UNLVMail will show up in your phone’s contact list, which you might not want.
Managing Multiple Google Accounts
Navigating Between Apps
To switch between the different Google Apps, click on the App Launcher icon next to your email address in the top right corner of the page. When you click on an App, it will open in a new tab and leave your original tab open.
Setting Up Your Signature
Using Conversation View (threaded messages)
Google will automatically group messages in to a conversation view, where all messages from a conversation appear together.
To turn off conversation view and see messages individually:
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your mail window and click See all settings.
- On the General tab, scroll down to Conversation View.
- If Conversation View is off, new messages won't be grouped into conversations, and any existing conversations appear as separate messages.
- If Conversation View is on, you can't separate the messages in a conversation. However, if you want to send a reply but don't want it to be added to the conversation, you can simply change the subject line in your reply. Learn more about composing messages in Google.
Searching for messages
Gmail has a powerful search feature that quickly finds what you’re looking for. And with Advanced searching, you can find what messages by sender, recipient, subject, label, keyword, and even by date range.
Mail and Calendar Delegation
Delegating access to your mail and calendar is the simplest and most secure way to give other people access to your account (or a group account that you manage), without compromising your personal password.
However, you cannot delegate access outside of the @unlv.edu domain.
Note: Sharing passwords to accounts you manage compromises the security of the account is against UNLV’s password policy.
Setting UNLVMail as your default mail and calendar program in Google Chrome
Add the UNLV academic schedule and holidays to your calendar
To add the UNLV events calendar to your Google Calendar, click on the link below while you're logged into UNLVMail. Click "Yes, add this calendar" when prompted. The calendar will then appear in your Other Calendar list. More calendars will be available soon.